🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not getting work, better to withdraw proposal...
Page options
florydev
Community Member

Not getting work, better to withdraw proposal?

I talked with a client this morning about a little project he had and we both realized it is both more involved than either one of us want to do.  I imagine he is either going to cancel the project.  What I was wondering does it make sense to withdraw from a project in this scenario or does it matter?

Would it make any difference if a client was going to out and out reject you?

My gut tells me it does not matter and I have seen no statistics related to that but I was just curious.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Mark F wrote:

I talked with a client this morning about a little project he had and we both realized it is both more involved than either one of us want to do.  I imagine he is either going to cancel the project.  What I was wondering does it make sense to withdraw from a project in this scenario or does it matter?

My gut tells me it does not matter and I have seen no statistics related to that but I was just curious.

if you have not been hired, it makes no difference if you withdraw it or not. You don't get your connects back in case you submitted a proposal. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Mark F wrote:

if you have not been hired, it makes no difference if you withdraw it or not. You don't get your connects back in case you submitted a proposal. 

Thanks Martina,

I wasn't wanting the connects back.  I was more than anything just being tidy but I did wonder if there was some kind of client metric I was unaware of.

Hi Mark,

If a project is canceled by either client or Upwork without forming a contract with any freelancer, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned for you to reuse. Please check this help article about connects

~ Joanne
Upwork

re: "I wasn't wanting the connects back.  I was more than anything just being tidy but I did wonder if there was some kind of client metric I was unaware of."

Yes, it WILL tidy things up.

But there is no metric that this is associated with.

There are client metrics associated with how many people they hire relative to how many jobs they post... How many interviews there are for a job... But I don't think whether a freelancer withdraws a proposal or a client declines a proposal has any impact anywhere.

Thanks Preston!

Thanks Martina

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths