🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Not yet hired
Page options
clarefollmann
Community Member

Not yet hired

Hello... I've been having difficulty getting settled with upwork. It's been a few months of applying to jobs, and I have heard back from several people, but nothing has yet to pan out. I also think I've applied to a few scams. Can someone look over my profile and let me know if there's a glaring error? I'm also a little unsure about the proposal I send out. I get a few bites, so I know it can't be terrible, but I never catch anything! If someone experienced wanted to look over my whole situation, I'd really appreciate it!

2 REPLIES 2
hodgesh
Community Member

You whole profile overview is about you, your education, and what sounds like a side project. Clients aren't interested in this stuff. Use your overview to explain what you do for clients (and make sure to edit what you write; there are errors in your overview). Information about your education, past work, and side projects go in other sections of the profile.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Clare F wrote:

Hello... I've been having difficulty getting settled with upwork. It's been a few months of applying to jobs, and I have heard back from several people, but nothing has yet to pan out. I also think I've applied to a few scams. Can someone look over my profile and let me know if there's a glaring error? I'm also a little unsure about the proposal I send out. I get a few bites, so I know it can't be terrible, but I never catch anything! If someone experienced wanted to look over my whole situation, I'd really appreciate it!

It makes no sense to have specialized profiles if your text is the exact same in both. 

The best way to learn is to research your competition and see how they present themselves. As has been said, your overview should not be about you, it should be about the services that you provide to your clients. What do you put into your proposals?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths