cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number already being used

Karan S Member Since: Jul 29, 2019
1 of 11

Hi, 

I joined upwork today, and was trying to sign up for different jobs. I was prevented from doing so, as my number was not updated. 

Upwork would not let me update my number as it is currently being used by another profile, how could I change this/encounter this? 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 11

Karan S wrote:

Hi, 

I joined upwork today, and was trying to sign up for different jobs. I was prevented from doing so, as my number was not updated. 

Upwork would not let me update my number as it is currently being used by another profile, how could I change this/encounter this? 

How/why is your number being used by another profile?

3 of 11

I'm not too sure as why my numbers being used. This is the first I am hearing of it. 

There might have been the odd-chance that I did create an account with upwork a while back but did not use it after the initial registration and email address. 

4 of 11
I'm not too sure as why my numbers being used. This is the first I am
hearing of it.

There might have been the odd-chance that I did create an account with
upwork a while back but did not use it after the initial registration and
email address.
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 11

Karan S wrote:
I'm not too sure as why my numbers being used. This is the first I am
hearing of it.

There might have been the odd-chance that I did create an account with
upwork a while back but did not use it after the initial registration and
email address.

Then you'd better get that straightened out, as you are not allowed to have more than one account.

6 of 11
Is there no way to cancel the old account and move to this one?
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 11

Hi Karan, 

I looked into this and can confirm that you have two accounts on Upwork, one of which was created 5 months ago with another email address. If you remember the login credentials for the old account, kindly login to the account and close it to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. Let me know if this is going to be an issue for you, so that I can assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
8 of 11
Hey, I’m sorry I don’t remember which account or email it was on.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 11

Thanks for confirming this, Karan. I'll share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can get in touch with you and assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Leticia G Member Since: Oct 24, 2019
10 of 11

I am trying to sign in because I don't remember my previous account, and I have the same problem. "This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number." 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS