🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Number of proposals and interviewing is decre...
Page options
shreyaschavhan
Community Member

Number of proposals and interviewing is decreasing

Hey,

I applied for a Job Recently. It had 10-20 proposals at that time and it said interviewing 5. I'm new to Upwork so I have this curiosity to check the "Activity on this Job" section regularly when I feel like it.

But this thing never happened -

Yesterday it said: 10 to 20 proposals & 5 Interviewing
Today it's saying: Less than 5 proposals & 0 interviewing

I did a lil' bit of research and came to know that it happens when the client either declines your proposal or archives it. I know we will be notified when the client declines our proposal but is there any way to know if my proposal has been archived by the client?

Is there any way to know I stand a chance to be there in those top 5 proposals?
3 REPLIES 3
soriin27
Community Member

Hello Sheryas C,

I don't think there is a possibility to see if the client archives your proposal. What can I say about it is that the client in the first hand had 10-20 proposals and from that, he interviewed 5. Now he has less than 5 proposals but from those 5 he didn't interview any freelancers.

As well, it's a new feature on Upwork with you can boost your proposals to get noticed. This way if you put more connections in a proposal it helps you be higher on the client visibility.

Sorin Ioan C wrote:

Hello Sheryas C,

I don't think there is a possibility to see if the client archives your proposal. What can I say about it is that the client in the first hand had 10-20 proposals and from that, he interviewed 5. Now he has less than 5 proposals but from those 5 he didn't interview any freelancers.

As well, it's a new feature on Upwork with you can boost your proposals to get noticed. This way if you put more connections in a proposal it helps you be higher on the client visibility.

Sure you can. It's in the archived proposals section. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

but is there any way to know if my proposal has been archived by the client?
Yes, you will find your proposal in your archived proposals section. 

Is there any way to know I stand a chance to be there in those top 5 proposals?

No.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths