🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Observations on messages and emails
Page options
trooks
Community Member

Observations on messages and emails

Below are my observations on messages and emails. 

1. If you are logged in, by design, an email message will not be sent.
  2. Emails relaying client messages are not always generated; thus, I highly recommend regularly logging in to check messages.
  3. I am currently experiencing a problem when accepting a client invitation. As soon as I accept, I immediately get an email stating, “You have unread messages about the job …..”. However, there are no new messages. (This has been relayed to Upwork).

Any comments, additions, clarifications etc. are most welcome and encouraged!

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tom,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you, I`ve just escalated your ticket again to our engineering team and one of our team members will update your ticket with more details as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

Tom R wrote:

Below are my observations on messages and emails. 

1. If you are logged in, by design, an email message will not be sent.
  2. Emails relaying client messages are not always generated; thus, I highly recommend regularly logging in to check messages.
  3. I am currently experiencing a problem when accepting a client invitation. As soon as I accept, I immediately get an email stating, “You have unread messages about the job …..”. However, there are no new messages. (This has been relayed to Upwork).

Any comments, additions, clarifications etc. are most welcome and encouraged!

1. Do you mean mobile? I use desktop and this is wrong info. Don't know about mobile. Don't use it. For desktop, the tab must be the active tab in your browser. If it's not, you will get emailed messages. I have a tab open for messages and sometimes I'm on the clock and can't look but can see the notification and let it go to email.  I prefer it go to email anyway in case messages go down. But if you have the tab open and it's the active tab (for instance, when you're chatting with the client), then you don't get emails.

2. Maybe. This could be on your end or Upwork's but I don't ever have this issue unless messages are down for everyone.

3. This has been happening for a while now. Just ignore it. They're double messaging you. It's an annoyance but doesn't affect your proposal or the invite.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths