cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offered a different job in message?

Ace Contributor
Brandy H Member Since: Dec 8, 2016
1 of 3

I applied for a specific job description, then was told that another person was hired for that job but that they would "offer" me a different topic. I told client that I thought they had to set up a new job listing, and they told me , "no. i can just offer it to you here." [in messenger]. Is this standard? How do I ensure it is binding?

They did show me a copy in messenger of the escrow account, but also that they hired another freelancer for the job?

Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

As long as they create and send an actual job offer to you that you can accept/decline and fund the escrow amount in that offer, then you would certainly be fine.  I have clients that hire freelancers for several different niches/titles through the same job post.

The key is that they have to actually hire you and fund the escrow payment.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
Ace Contributor
Brandy H Member Since: Dec 8, 2016
3 of 3

Thanks for your reply, Kathryn. I was a little gun-shy at all of the scammer horror-stories and the quickness at which I was offered the job. However, the client did issue and official offer in the messages and funded the escrow before I began. They were very helpful and patient and has paid Smiley Happy