cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offering additional hours to a freelancer

a6457ff8
Jake Adam D Member Since: Nov 6, 2016
1 of 4

Hi, I hired a freelancer last week on upwork. 

I've been pleased with the work they have done and would like to offer further hours this coming week.

I do not want this to be a long term contract, however at this time would like to offer further hours - at least in the short term.

Could someone please advise on the best way to go about this without creating a new job advert?

Many thanks in advance for your advice Smiley Happy

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 4

You mean more hours per week or just more weeks? If you mean more hours per week, you have to increase their hour limit on your contract.

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
3 of 4

Hi Jake,

To change a freelancer’s weekly limit go to Jobs > My Jobs. Then select Change weekly limit from the Actions drop-down list.

Here is what you need to know about weekly limits:

• If you increase a freelancer’s weekly limit, the new limit takes effect immediately and hours already in your freelancer’s Work Diary will count against that limit for the current week. If you decrease a weekly limit, it won't take effect until the next work week (Monday at 00:00 UTC).

• You can change a freelancer’s weekly limit any time—even temporarily. If you want to raise your freelancer’s weekly limit for only one week, make sure you decrease it before the work week ends, which is before midnight on Sunday UTC.
Untitled
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

In case you have not already discovered this... just keep exploring. Keep learning...

Because the truth is that clients have almost unlimited control over how many hours freelancers can work, and an almost unlimited ability to start, pause, and stop contracts wheneve they want for whatever reasons they want.

With the ability to increase and decrease weekly maximum numbers of hours, the ability to pause contracts at any time, the ability to turn on and off manual time-logging, the ability to view the actual screenshots shown in work diaries, and the ability to set up fixed-price as well as hourly contracts...

The amount of control and precision is genuinely extensive.