🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Offering several services within one prof...
Page options
taylortranslate
Community Member

Offering several services within one profile?

Hi community!

I'm new to the site so forgive my ignorance. I am a translator/proofreader but I also do some English teaching on the side. Should I create a different profile/account for this or is there a good way to incorporate this in a clear way into my current set-up?

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Not only do you not need to create a separate account but doing so would be one of the direst violations of the ToS and could get you permanently banned.

Specialized profiles are meant to accommodate FLs who offer more than one category of service or serve several niches within their categories. Be careful, though, because many have complained that specialized profiles affect your portfolio in weird ways. I can't remember exactly what the issue is because I haven't set up specialized profiles (for that reason) even though I offer different services. There's at least one thread about it you could probably dig up. And I expect someone with firsthand experience using them will come along and share advice.

Welcome to UW!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
alexis-arinze
Community Member

Stuart T wrote:

Hi community!

I'm new to the site so forgive my ignorance. I am a translator/proofreader but I also do some English teaching on the side. Should I create a different profile/account for this or is there a good way to incorporate this in a clear way into my current set-up?

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

Hey! The easiest way to let people know of your different services is to create a speciaized profile. UpWork allows up to two (,which, personally, I don't think is enough). You definitely don't have to create a whole other account. It can all be done under your current set-up.

Hello
So I have a similar issue.
I offer two different services, web development and content writing.
Am I in violation of any terms and conditions as I have created two different according each skill as they're hardly related.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ifeanyi,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. Please close one of our accounts in order not to violate Upwork's TOS.

You're able to create separate Specialized profiles for your expertise. Please check this helpful article for more information about Specialized Profiles available for Freelancers on Upwork:

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Not only do you not need to create a separate account but doing so would be one of the direst violations of the ToS and could get you permanently banned.

Specialized profiles are meant to accommodate FLs who offer more than one category of service or serve several niches within their categories. Be careful, though, because many have complained that specialized profiles affect your portfolio in weird ways. I can't remember exactly what the issue is because I haven't set up specialized profiles (for that reason) even though I offer different services. There's at least one thread about it you could probably dig up. And I expect someone with firsthand experience using them will come along and share advice.

Welcome to UW!

Thanks for that! I'm glad I didn't create a new profile without asking then. I'll hold off for now and see how things go.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths