🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Old client as a freelancer, new client as age...
Page options
gsanchis
Community Member

Old client as a freelancer, new client as agency

Hello everybody,

I have a client who wants to start a new project. Previously, contracts with this client were through my account as a freelancer. However, I would like the new contract to happen through my agency's account, to manage the work easier and to work up success score for my agency. In addition, I would like to send a new contract proposal, so that the client does not need to worry about setting up the contract. Can I do so from my agency's account, or is it only possible from the freelancer's account (which is the one with past contracts with that client)?

Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kontikime
Community Member

Hi German,

When you submit a proposal, you have the option to apply as a freelancer or as an agency member. You will, however, need to have a job posting to apply to. You will not be able to use the "Propose New Contract" button to propose a contract with your agency. So, you could ask the client to repost the job or to send you a new invite and then you can submit a proposal through your agency

I hope this is helpful!

Thanks,

Mike

Agency Program Coordinator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hesham-younis
Community Member

You can apply as an agency, but you will get the job as a freelancer, the success score of your agency is based on the jobs you and the agency member jobs took and finished for the agency.

kontikime
Community Member

Hi German,

When you submit a proposal, you have the option to apply as a freelancer or as an agency member. You will, however, need to have a job posting to apply to. You will not be able to use the "Propose New Contract" button to propose a contract with your agency. So, you could ask the client to repost the job or to send you a new invite and then you can submit a proposal through your agency

I hope this is helpful!

Thanks,

Mike

Agency Program Coordinator

Thanks for your replies, Hesham and Tetiana.

Indeed, Tetiana goes directly to the point I wanted to know about: I wanted to propose a new contract as an agency, so as to avoid the client the hassle of setting up the contract. I guess I'll have to ask him to do so, then.

Thank you both!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths