🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Oops! Google+ is dead.
Page options
maceve
Community Member

Oops! Google+ is dead.

Hello, New to Upwork participants. I'm new and working on making my profile more worthy. Google+ is dead. I've lost my selected profile link and only use my Facebook account to view my relatives' kid pics; they are super cute.

I'd like to get back to the %100 status. Will Upwork consider including LinkedIn as a possible profile link? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Maceve:

Upwork no longer has LinkedIn as a link option.

You REALLY should not worry about this.... Those links to other sites are meaningless. They offer no value to you. They don't show up on your public profile.

If you want to have a link because you need it for a profile completeness measure or something, you can use your Facebook account. It doesn't matter what is on your Facebook account... Because it will have no impact on your Upwork experience.

I don't have any of those links.

(And honestly... Google+ didn't die this week when Google officially shelved it. It was "dead" a long time ago.)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Maceve:

Upwork no longer has LinkedIn as a link option.

You REALLY should not worry about this.... Those links to other sites are meaningless. They offer no value to you. They don't show up on your public profile.

If you want to have a link because you need it for a profile completeness measure or something, you can use your Facebook account. It doesn't matter what is on your Facebook account... Because it will have no impact on your Upwork experience.

I don't have any of those links.

(And honestly... Google+ didn't die this week when Google officially shelved it. It was "dead" a long time ago.)

Ah. True that about Google+! It was just the only one I didn't have to fuss with app settings to link. Good to know it's not pertinent. I'll go with the Facebook option since I have a deal about completing progress bars.  ^.^ 

I'll worry no more.  Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Victoria,

Unfortunately, we no longer offer the option to connect your LinkedIn account to your Upwork account. You can include your Linkedin profile or any other accounts you may have when you submit proposals or during the interview stage with your client; however, you can't post it on your Upwork public profile.

Connecting Upwork to a social media account isn't a requirement for a 100% profile.  Taking and displaying a few skill tests along with completing other sections will also allow freelancers to achieve a 100% complete profiles as you can see in this help article

~ Bojan
Upwork
maceve
Community Member

I see! I'm not particularly disappointed in the lack of LinkedIn choice as my profile there is not robust and I'm not using it as a hiring platform. So no real loss there.

Thanks for the link to the helpful article. I must have missed that info when I was working on my profile and only saw the 'link to' option. I'll look into the tests. They have certainly been integral to my previous work with contract employment agencies. 

For now, I've taken Preston's word for it and used FB to satisfy my compulsion to fill that progress bar. Even though it's back to %I00, I'll keep working on improving my profile's substantive content. 

versailles
Community Member

Google what? Oh, Google+. It died? I thought it had died a long time ago. It must have been such a long agony.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Heh. Not with a bang but a whimper?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths