🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Opening a new account
Page options
delta_reality
Community Member

Opening a new account

Hi
I would like to close my current account (that doesn't have any jobs or feedback or nothing whatsoever which would benefit me to open a new account) and open a new one due to the government grant I'm applying to.

I understand that opening a second account is a Violation on Upwork's ToS, but it also states in the ToS "You agree not to register for more than one Client Account and one Freelancer Account without express written permission from us ", meaning that in specific circumstances it could be allowed by Upwork.

Once again, as my current account doesn't have any negative (or positive for that matter) feedback, and it would be really beneficiary to open a new account because of the grant (which I'll gladly explain in PM), would it be possible to allow to open a new account?

3 REPLIES 3
holymell
Community Member

Why do you need a new account? Why can't you use this one? Just out of curiosity. Your account is new as it is...

I've not seen this be allowed before, so I doubt it's a possibility. I don't work for Upwork, though.

To apply for the grant which funds the opening of new distribution/sales channels, the date of creating an account should be after the grant application was open.

And with those funds, I could open an agency account (as I own the AR/VR agency), and hire a manager who would solely be dedicated to finding work on Upwork (through his/agency profile).

So I think it would really be beneficial to be able to open a new account

Thanks for the question and participating in the discussion 🙂

Hi Darian,

You can open an agency from your current account as well. I can see that you have opened a ticket for the same question and our team will assist you further on your ticket. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths