🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Opinion on a Job Post
Page options
0ea55e34
Community Member

Opinion on a Job Post

Hi all,

I would like to consult before posting a job post. Can you see anything for potential improvement in this post?  Or perhaps anything that would go against Upwork's ToS

The job post would be as follows:

''We are looking for an expert customer service representative with experience working with
Shopify stores. When you apply, include the word blue and tell us about your
previous customer service experience.
Requirements:
- Experience using ZenDesk
- Experience doing customer service for eCommerce stores
Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer requests on ZenDesk in perfect English
- Issue refunds according to our refund policy
- Re-send products to customers when needed
- Respond to all customer inquiries quickly and accurately
- Communicate on Skype daily with our support team
- Display a high level of professionalism at all times''

Thank you for your time

Regards,

Laurynas

7 REPLIES 7
hoyle_editing
Community Member

I'm sorry, i am not working in that sector, but it sounds ok to me with the exception of...

- "include the word blue"

- I really dont get why so many job posts do this, even more so when at the top of a listing. At least if you put it at the bottom you can say 'its to make sure the post has been read properly'.

Maybe it is quite a normal/reasonable thing (i do see similar a lot) but i just dont get it and would probably skip the job post if i read it.

Jonathan H wrote:

I'm sorry, i am not working in that sector, but it sounds ok to me with the exception of...

- "include the word blue"

- I really dont get why so many job posts do this, even more so when at the top of a listing. At least if you put it at the bottom you can say 'its to make sure the post has been read properly'.

Maybe it is quite a normal/reasonable thing (i do see similar a lot) but i just dont get it and would probably skip the job post if i read it.

I completely agree; I understand why clients do it, but I find it really patronising and I also tend to skip jobs posts like that. The rest of the description sounds good, though.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Looks like a fine job post to me.

Include the word blue?

This is simply a request that a client puts in to determine if the candidate has read the jost post or not. This doesn't violate any rules.

This doesn't bother me.

Any freelancer who does NOT like these simple "tests" is welcome to ignore the jost posting.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Laurynas,

Thanks so much for consulting with the community before posting your job.  I don't see anything that will go against Upwork's ToS.  As for your question about improvement, I agree about the blue statement.  It should be at the end of the job post and with a note to make sure the freelancer has read the entire post.  

As an expert in my field (which is not customer service) I tend to pass posts with a budget of $10-50 and an hourly rate range way below my standard.  In fact, I only apply to jobs without restrictions.  

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laurynas, 

I'm sorry if I failed to see your private message on time. If you are concerned about your job post violating any of the Terms of Service, I would highly recommend that you read up on this Upwork User Agreement for more information on what actions may temporarily or permanently put a hold on your account. 

Here's a help article about a Compliance Notice that may be sent to you should the team suspect that you are violating the Upwork ToS. 

As a general guide, please make sure that payments are made through Upwork, your job doesn't violatate academic integrity, and other website's Terms of Service, and it meets the Upwork ToS. 

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

~ Avery
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Laurynas P wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to consult before posting a job post. Can you see anything for potential improvement in this post?  Or perhaps anything that would go against Upwork's ToS

The job post would be as follows:

''We are looking for an expert customer service representative with experience working with
Shopify stores. When you apply, include the word blue and tell us about your
previous customer service experience.
Requirements:
- Experience using ZenDesk
- Experience doing customer service for eCommerce stores
Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer requests on ZenDesk in perfect English
- Issue refunds according to our refund policy
- Re-send products to customers when needed
- Respond to all customer inquiries quickly and accurately
- Communicate on Skype daily with our support team
- Display a high level of professionalism at all times''

Thank you for your time

Regards,

Laurynas

I never apply to jobs that require me to do something as childish as including a specific word. Trust your ability to weed out unsuitable freelancers without this stupid gimmickry, you will not attract freelancers with self respect that way. 

0ea55e34
Community Member

Hi all,

Thank you for your input and advice!

I will try to improve the post so it is more suitable for Upwork and benefits all in participation.

Regards,

Laurynas

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths