🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Options for Profile Links Aren't Appropriate ...
Page options
dcady
Community Member

Options for Profile Links Aren't Appropriate to my Field

Hello, 

I'm new (3 weeks) to UpWork but already have secured three or four long term clients for developmental editing of book projects and am close to 1000+ from earnings. I was hoping to obtain rising start status, but my profile remains at 95% complete. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~013a5c70d649e994f1

I have two questions:

1) It says that I can reach 100% profile completion if I link to one of six sites given, but none are appropriate to my field. (Most relate to development/computers--for example, GitHub; I'm wondering if the "developmental" in some of my job descriptions is the issue?) Previously, linked in was listed as an option (and I do have a linked in account) but that option no longer appears on the list of options for kinds of accounts to link.

2) Is there another means to receive an additional 5% to reach a 100% profile? I've culled through the suggestions, but don't see what I have that I can add. I did link my profile, above, if others would be kind enough to look and give me their suggestions.

Best, Diane

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diane,

Connecting Upwork to a social media account isn't a requirement for a 100% profile. Completing other sections will also allow freelancers to achieve a 100% complete profiles as you can see in this help article

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
dcady
Community Member

Many thanks for the reply. I actually have already looked at the linked article and cannot see anything I could add to my profile to make it move from 95-100. If anyone has specific suggestions, I'd be grateful.

Thank you!

Hi Diane. Congratulations on getting off to a very good start on Upwork.

From the page that Bojan linked to,  it seems to me you should already be at 100%, based on your education history and work history (20% each plus 60%). But Upwork's algorithms are a law unto themselves! 

I think you'll need to add a portfolio item or video.

Thanks, Richard! That is what I thought too, which led to my confusion.  I would prefer not to do a video, but I guess if I have to, I will.

Is there someone on here from UpWork who could perhaps look at my profile and help me figure out what to add? I'm doing well, but of course would like to have the potential to have rising star status.

dcady
Community Member

I just created a twitter account.Thanks,everyone!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths