🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Our accountant claims we cannot purchase Upwo...
Page options
c97b7a68
Community Member

Our accountant claims we cannot purchase Upwork Connects unless I receive a very specific invoice

Hello, fellow Upworkers!

I recently joined and bought some Connects with my company card (which I only just opened last month).

Being a Romanian business, it comes along with a lot of complications that we didn't expect. One of those being that we cannot buy foreign services with our company card. Since Upwork is not a Romanian company, purchasing Connects (which is a "service" they provide for you to be able to apply for freelancing jobs) has caused me some problems, despite the low cost.

So, mighty Gods of Upwork, can you please provide me with an invoice which includes Upwork's fiscal code and clearly explains what Connects are & their use/necessity to freelancers?

This is something we need to take to our tax agency, or face a large fine (again, despite the low cost I spent on Connects).

I hope you can help me. Many thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Owen,

I understand your frustration with this, however, we do not provide any other type of invoices. For each transaction, you will have an invoice created that you can download by going to Reports > Transaction History > Ref ID. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Owen M wrote:

Hello, fellow Upworkers!

I recently joined and bought some Connects with my company card (which I only just opened last month).

Being a Romanian business, it comes along with a lot of complications that we didn't expect. One of those being that we cannot buy foreign services with our company card. Since Upwork is not a Romanian company, purchasing Connects (which is a "service" they provide for you to be able to apply for freelancing jobs) has caused me some problems, despite the low cost.

So, mighty Gods of Upwork, can you please provide me with an invoice which includes Upwork's fiscal code and clearly explains what Connects are & their use/necessity to freelancers?

This is something we need to take to our tax agency, or face a large fine (again, despite the low cost I spent on Connects).

I hope you can help me. Many thanks in advance!

You go to transaction history, go to the purchase of connects, click on the invoice number and print out the invoice. 

Hello, Martina!

I tried that, but our accountant says it isn't enough. For reasons I can't explain other than the fact that things can be illogically complicated to complete in this otherwise wonderful country, this is what our accountant has tasked us with obtaining in order to avoid legal issues...

Hi Owen,

I understand your frustration with this, however, we do not provide any other type of invoices. For each transaction, you will have an invoice created that you can download by going to Reports > Transaction History > Ref ID. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, Goran.

I'll speak to our accountant and explain this is all I can do.

Owen M wrote:
Hello, Martina!

I tried that, but our accountant says it isn't enough. For reasons I can't explain other than the fact that things can be illogically complicated to complete in this otherwise wonderful country, this is what our accountant has tasked us with obtaining in order to avoid legal issues...

Your accountant should very well know that not every invoice will be exactly as he likes it. Pin some additional information about what connects are onto it, and tell him ten thousands of people, some doubtlessly in your beautiful country, are able to handle this issue. Alternatively, get a new accountant. 

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Lol. Your accountant ain't serious.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths