🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Ouside referral client should've been invited...
Page options
wendy_demongey
Community Member

Ouside referral client should've been invited by me but joined himself - too late to "invite" now?

Hi Upworkers!

I'm new to Upwork and have made my fair share of bumbles in the last couple of weeks. I'm doing ok overall -- Rising Talent whoop! -- but I think I really flubbed up this time.

A friend of mine referred his buddy to me to design his logo and instructed him to join Upwork before I had a chance to invite him. While I could've worked for him outside of Upwork, we're in different countries and I decided Upwork was better for ease of payment, building a reputation here, etc.

Problem is I really should've invited him because now he's told me he will want all his future collaterals done by me as well (business cards, vehicle graphics, etc.). The invite incentive percentage would've been in effect had I invited him ongoing so now I feel like I really shot myself in the foot. I didn't mind for one logo, live and learn right?...but now with ongoing work I feel like I screwed myself bigtime.

So, is there any way I can get him on my "invited client list" for his future contracts? I'm thinking the answer is probably no, but just thought I'd ask. Much appreciate any feedback!

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Wendy D wrote:

So, is there any way I can get him on my "invited client list" for his future contracts? I'm thinking the answer is probably no

Too late 😞

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Wendy D wrote:

So, is there any way I can get him on my "invited client list" for his future contracts? I'm thinking the answer is probably no

Too late 😞

Thanks Petra, that's what I thought, but it's ok though. I'll remember that one for sure now. Much appreciated! 🙂

renatoss
Community Member

btw, don't think you would have had any benefits anyway, because you should be Top Rated in order to be able to get that ''no fee'' deal, from inviting a client to the platform with a special invite link.

petra_r
Community Member

Sebastian Renato S wrote:

btw, don't think you would have had any benefits anyway, because you should be Top Rated in order to be able to get that ''no fee'' deal, from inviting a client to the platform with a special invite link.

Nope, Rising Talent qualifies too.

I think I read it was 10% instead of 20% for my status if I invite someone? I could be wrong. Still getting used to the policies and procedures. Thanks again, I really appreciate this forum!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths