🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » PAID TESTS
Page options
johnokundi
Community Member

PAID TESTS

Hi, I am new here and would like to understand something about paid tests. I did a test which the client had said they were going to pay $. 5 for. The client's response was good and we interviewed. He later informed me that they had hired other freelancers. The $5 for the test has not been paid ever since. What is the way forward? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, 

For the client to pay you, an offer should have been made to you, and you should have a accepted it, so that a contract should have been set. I checked your account and unfortunately, you do not have any contract with this client. 

In the future, I would suggest that you make sure that a contract has already been set, and your client's payment method is verified, before starting any work. 

For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Avery
Upwork
grahammjohnn
Community Member

Hi John,

Never start working without an Active Milestone. Generally speaking, clients that offer "$5 dollar tests" are looking to get cheap content which they sell on to clients of their own.

Using plagiarism checking software will help you to identify if the client has posted your work online somewhere.

Good Luck!

Graeme

jatinder1247
Community Member

Dear John,

This thing happens with a-lot of new freelancers, because they are unaware how this system works.

You must have been hired to get your payment from the client. Check under MY JOBS section from top menu. If there is a job that means you are hired for this job. Submit that job to your client after submitting you will get your payment.

But if nothing appears after clicking on MY JOB section
unfortunately this means you are not hired for any project. So please be assure that you have actually been hired by the client before working on any project.

Regards
JATINDER

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths