🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » PAYMENT NOT RECIEVED
Page options
a1cbb1a5
Community Member

PAYMENT NOT RECIEVED

Hello, on July 6, 2022 I received a a message on whatsapp from one of your cleints- **Edited for Community Guidelines**

. I have worked for him for a month now, he has been prominsing a payment since last Sunday and he has been jerking me around since. Said that he would send me a check for a certain amount and I am to take my part and send him the rest back. THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM and I wasted a month working for this person for nothing! I even asked him, since I am new to this platform, if we should do all the transactions through here and he said it it didn't matter because I was still going through Upwork. I believed him and apparently it was a scam. I just want you to have a heads up on this person and what he is doing with your freelancers! I am not sure if there is anything I can do to get paid but I wanted to put this out there so there are no others taken for a ride like I was. Thank you! 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
0ea796be
Community Member

Communicating off upwork before a contract is in place violates the TOS and you risk an account suspension. Scammers try to lure freelancers off the platform to get free work and money. Don't send the scammer any money and cut your losses. You can avoid this in the future by staying on upwork until you have a contract in place. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths