cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PLEASE HELP! Can't accept job invitation.

Mary B Member Since: Mar 27, 2017
1 of 6

When I press submit I get an error message, roughly:  !There has been a problem.  Please try again.

So, after reading from the forum, since I was using Chrome, I installed Firefox.  Same problem with Firefox.

So, I deleted cache and cookies for Chrome.  Same problem.

So, I shut down my mac and restarted.  Same problem.

So, I looked for the job in my feed, thinking maybe I'd just do a straight proposal, but I can't seem to find it.

I have lost four hours at least on this, and I have responded successfully to two invitations in the very recent past with no problem.

Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

More than likely the job invitation was withdrawn (or the job cancelled) by the client by the time you received the invite.

3 of 6

Thank you, Amy; so does the invite still sit on my proposals forever?  Do you know?

4 of 6

Amy, I guess that was not the case.  I just reattempted the acceptance of the invitation, this time including only enough text to inform the client of my dilemma and request that they might consider letting me send the sample and answer the questions during the interview phase.  It actually went.  

But, when I made the effort before, probably ten different times, both boxes, the cover letter and questions boxes, were green and reported that I had 2something and 4something thousand characters left.  So, I really don't understand at all.  But it does appear that shorter text fixed the problem.  Any thoughts?

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
5 of 6

@Mary B wrote:

Amy, I guess that was not the case.  I just reattempted the acceptance of the invitation, this time including only enough text to inform the client of my dilemma and request that they might consider letting me send the sample and answer the questions during the interview phase.  It actually went.  

But, when I made the effort before, probably ten different times, both boxes, the cover letter and questions boxes, were green and reported that I had 2something and 4something thousand characters left.  So, I really don't understand at all.  But it does appear that shorter text fixed the problem.  Any thoughts?

By this, I'm hoping you mean a sample of prior work rather than a free sample created for the client to review?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 6

Hi Mary, 

I'd just like to remind you to please do not submit any work until a contract has been created on the platform, and you have accepted it. 

Could you please share with me the details of the client via a private message so that I can look into it.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS