🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » PRD
Page options
b392fbc0
Community Member

PRD

Hi, I am new here and i want to post a job, when do I upload the product requierements document

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Abdellah:

This is a great question.

I work on Upwork as a freelancer as well as a client.

I will tell you what I personally do as a client, who has hired over 80 freelancers on Upwork:

I include all of the job requirements in the original job post. Either as text within the post itself, or as a link to a project description file on a webpage, or as an attachment.

I include EVERYTHING that a freelancer needs to know in order to finish the project.

I know that won't work for every project. But if it is possible for your project, then this is a great way to eliminate any confusion. This helps me to get good, qualified freelancers to bid on my project, and I am able to get the work done quickly.

When I do this, I don't spend time "interviewing" freelancers or desribing what needs to be done. I don't need to, because they already have the instructions and input files they need.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Abdellah:

This is a great question.

I work on Upwork as a freelancer as well as a client.

I will tell you what I personally do as a client, who has hired over 80 freelancers on Upwork:

I include all of the job requirements in the original job post. Either as text within the post itself, or as a link to a project description file on a webpage, or as an attachment.

I include EVERYTHING that a freelancer needs to know in order to finish the project.

I know that won't work for every project. But if it is possible for your project, then this is a great way to eliminate any confusion. This helps me to get good, qualified freelancers to bid on my project, and I am able to get the work done quickly.

When I do this, I don't spend time "interviewing" freelancers or desribing what needs to be done. I don't need to, because they already have the instructions and input files they need.

Thank's for your help Preston, I am going to do the same

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths