🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » PROVIDENT FUND
Page options
prwork
Community Member

PROVIDENT FUND

Is there any kind of Provident Fund (PF) Upwork planning of for later or any?

I mean... PF can be taken from sellers earning & give them later when they want.

I strongly wish it could happen someday.

7 REPLIES 7
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Upwork is not our employer, we are self-employed. If we want a retirement fund or savings scheme, it's not difficult to set this up for ourselves.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Varaprasad,

Could you please clarify what are you referring to and share more details here so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I mean.... Something like retirement fund.

Along all years, let upwork take some percentage of earnings from us & return it to us back when we stop using upwork or when we ask.

I mean... Some private companies here in india do that.
They will take some percentage from monthly salary from us (let's say 10%) and when we stop working for their company they will return it with some interest after 5-6 years (whenever we drop from that company).

Hope you understood now. If not please let me know I will explain lil more deeply.

Hi Varaprasad,

Thank you for following up and clarifying. We don't have this option planned, but if anything changes we will let the Community know. I will also share your feedback with our team for further review. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
riya_tyagi19
Community Member

Hi Team,

Can I get any mail confirmation from the Upwork team that there is no PF deduction on Upwork??
if possible please write a mail over **Edited for Community Guidelines**.
Thnaks

Riya Tyagi

Hi Riya, 

We're unable to send a communication about Provident fund but you can refer to section 1.2 of our User Agreement that clearly states you are doing business under your own name as a self-employed individual/sole proprietor or are an employee or agent of an independent business in case you are associated with an agency. That said, Upwork is not entitled to offer any retirement benefits or provident funds to users freelancing on its platform.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Pradeep!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths