🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Paid Membership but only an extra ten con...
Page options
anxiousgeek
Community Member

Paid Membership but only an extra ten connects

Why do you only get an extra ten connects with a paid membership? That's only an extra five jobs you can apply for before you have to pay for connects. It seems a little stingy to me.  I understand  that they roll over and you can buy more but still, any extra ten doesn't seem like much. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail
Community Member

For $10 you get a lot more than just 10 connects. This isn’t the full list of benefits, perhaps, but you also see the current low, high, and average bid for each job post; you get a shortened, mnemonic URL for your profile; if you don’t use all available connects in one month, they roll over to the next; even if you make no money in 30 days, your profile won’t be set private; you can choose to hide your earnings in your profile. Having said that, I’m on the basic membership plan.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dataextract
Community Member

• An additional 10 Connects per month (plus a prorated first month's allotment)
  • The ability to buy additional Connects as needed for $1 each
  • Rollover privileges so that up to 140 unused Connects can be carried over to the following billing cycle
  • Visibility into their competitors' high, low, and average bids on jobs
  • The ability to create a customized URL to your freelancer profile
  • The ability to hide earnings on your freelancer profile

And yes.. JUST 10 connects (20 in case of Agency), is not much 😞

yitwail
Community Member

For $10 you get a lot more than just 10 connects. This isn’t the full list of benefits, perhaps, but you also see the current low, high, and average bid for each job post; you get a shortened, mnemonic URL for your profile; if you don’t use all available connects in one month, they roll over to the next; even if you make no money in 30 days, your profile won’t be set private; you can choose to hide your earnings in your profile. Having said that, I’m on the basic membership plan.

How can we check Visibility into their competitors' high, low, and average bids on jobs.....I upgraded but can't find anything
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Zahida,

At the bottom of the job posting, once a few freelancers have bid on the job, it will show a bid range with specific numbers indicating the low, mid and high range of bids.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths