cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for work

Rod E Member Since: Dec 15, 2016
1 of 3

I posted a job, hired a contractor and we ended the job successfully.  How do I pay the contractor for his work done? I only see an option to give BONUS but not for the work he did.  Does he send me an invoice?   Please advise.  

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 3

I usually invoice my clients on a weekly basis.  But i think that apart from the invoice that they receive, they also receive something from Upwork.  In the past I received bonuses from my clients - one was derived from a fixed-price contract while the rest were from hourly contracts so i am not sure if the manual time setting alone has to be tinkered when it comes to the release of funds.  I hope one of the MODS will address your issue/s.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 3

Hi Rod,

I've checked and see this was an Hourly contract. You don't need to take any action as you'll be automatically billed for the hours your freelancer tracked in the Work Diary this week on Monday. Please check this Help article for more information and review the resources we shared in this thread, designed to help new clients find the right talent for their job and easily navigate the platform.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS