🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Pay to work
Page options
8476aecc
Community Member

Pay to work

Hi all,

a client requests a payment from me to do a job, he called that the premium ID cost, is that normal to request payment to work?

It will be refunded back after I complete the assignment.

Many thanks in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sofia2008
Community Member

Solved: Re: Contract and payment - Upwork Community

Hi Emilie,

following your earlier post this morning, did you read the informations provided to you?

Chances are you were probably asked to communicate outside of Upwork? 

The situation you are facing right now is a scam. A real client will never ask you to pay something. Stop communicating with them amd report them. 

My first advice would be to stop applying to jobs for now. You are not ready to use the platform properly, which will lead you in a bad situation.

Please read the following ressources to get you up to spead on how to use Upwork, and learn what is allowed and not allowed.

Upwork Legal Center

List of red flags for scams - Upwork Community

Freelancing 101 on Upwork - Upwork Community

Report Suspicious User Activity – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Understanding and Using Connects – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs - Upwork Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sofia2008
Community Member

Solved: Re: Contract and payment - Upwork Community

Hi Emilie,

following your earlier post this morning, did you read the informations provided to you?

Chances are you were probably asked to communicate outside of Upwork? 

The situation you are facing right now is a scam. A real client will never ask you to pay something. Stop communicating with them amd report them. 

My first advice would be to stop applying to jobs for now. You are not ready to use the platform properly, which will lead you in a bad situation.

Please read the following ressources to get you up to spead on how to use Upwork, and learn what is allowed and not allowed.

Upwork Legal Center

List of red flags for scams - Upwork Community

Freelancing 101 on Upwork - Upwork Community

Report Suspicious User Activity – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Understanding and Using Connects – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs - Upwork Community

8476aecc
Community Member

Thank you Sophie, I will do that.

With regards

pgiambalvo
Community Member

No, total scam.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths