cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay

Highlighted
Mako O Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
1 of 7

Good Day everyone! I am a newbie here in upwork and I am just concerned about my salary from my client because it is still showing on my balance that it is still $0.00 however in review for $121.28. My payment method is being set up every week. What shoukd I di about it? and what guarantee do I have that I will receive the payment of my client? Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Mako, it looks like you have an hourly contract, so your client has 5 days to review your previous week's work. As long as the client doesn't dispute it, the money in Review will transfer to Pending some time this Saturday (Friday for me but Saturday in the Philippines I believe) and then it will become Available in 5 more days. This is how hourly contracts work and there's nothing you or your client can do to speed things up. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mako O Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
3 of 7

Thank you so much for your help!Does it mean that I am gping to receive my pay nextweek friday(Phoilippines)? the payment method of my account is being set up every week so does it mean that I am not gonna receive it every week?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Mako,

Please note that once the payment clears the security period, you can withdraw the funds yourself or wait for the automatic payment schedule to withdraw payments as per your settings. The timing for receiving the funds depends on the payment method you've chosen, and you can find more details in this Help article.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 7

John is correct, Mako. You may also want to visit this help article to help you understand how the billing cycle works. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Carlos Francisco A Member Since: May 6, 2017
6 of 7

Hi Avery, can Upwork pay me in USD instead of my local currencey if I am using a USD account?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 7

Hi Carlos,

Yes you can be paid in US dollars.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS