🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: PayPal Payment Method
Page options
sergey_ivanov_us
Community Member

PayPal Payment Method

Hi there,

I would appreciate if someone could describe me one issue with PayPal payment method.

On the page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063968?flash_digest=cc34eee6ee0a9d3757f1617fb4e84ac3... it says "Confirm your Upwork and PayPal accounts use the same email address (if needed, update in your Upwork Contact Info)".

Why my Upwork and PayPal accounts  should use the same email address? Is it regilation by Upwork or by PayPal? If so, could you please send me link where I can read more about that? I found nothing in PayPal help 😞

Thank you!

All the best,

Sergey

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Why my Upwork and PayPal accounts  should use the same email address? Is it regilation by Upwork or by PayPal?"

I don't know. Who cares?

PayPal allows you to have multiple email addresses for the same acocunt. Just add your Upwork email address there.

Thank you, Preston!

Fair, but what if I have different email accounts for Upwork and PayPal?

If I am not mistaken, this is not in line with Upwork statement "Upwork and PayPal accounts use the same email address". Thoughts? 

Upwork doesn't care how many email addresses you have associated with your PayPal account.

You're not breaking any Upwork rules by using more than one email address with your PayPal account.

Thank you, Preston!

Probably you're right, alhough I see contradictory statements here.

Any other thoughts from community members? 

Hi Sergey,

Just to confirm what Preston already shared, you can either add your current Upwork email address to your PayPal account or change your Upwork email address. Your Upwork and PayPal accounts have to use same email addresses. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for your reply!

"Your Upwork and PayPal accounts have to use same email addresses." - would you mind to explain me why so? Why PayPal should use same email addresses? May I ask you to share link to PayPal documentation where I can read about that?

What if I have different email addresses for Upwork and PayPal (e.g. aaa@domain.com for Upwork and bbb@domain.com for PayPal), what will happen?

Thanks!

Regards,

Sergey

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths