cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal payment method

Anna B Member Since: Nov 23, 2017
1 of 8

Hi I am new in the platform. I tried to figure the payment mode (I have an account in PayPal) and it reguired me the credit card number. I don't understand why. I I know, PayPal is a virtual payment platform and you decide the method you pick up money from it. However automatic identification through Upwork brought me to the question of the credit card. Actually, to the day, I haven't connected any creadit card to my paypal account, just a bank account. What could be the solution? Thank you. Anna

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 8

Hi Anna,

In order to use PayPal as a payment method on Upwork, you'll need to verify it and link it with a credit card as an additional source which can be billed for the payments your account is charged for. Find more information in this Help article

Hamidreza M Member Since: Sep 24, 2018
3 of 8

Hello. I added my paypal method to the payment sections about 5 days ago. and still not activate. what is the problem? thanks.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 8

Hi Hamidreza,

Can you please complete the W-8BEN form under Settings> Tax Info, which purpose is to

confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
5 of 8

Anna, are you trying to set up a payment method (how you pay Upwork) or a withdrawal method (how you receive your money you have earned from clients)

if the latter and you you want to set up a withdrawal method, you are in the wrong place.

Go to Settings and IGNORE “Billing” and scroll down to “Get Paid” where you can set up your withdrawal method.

get paid.jpg

6 of 8

Thank you, Petra. I was looking in a different place. However, I found out that my emails (PayPal and Upwork) should be the same, which is not the case... Well, that means I need to change an email at the Upwork profile. Not really convenient.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 8

You can also simply add your Upwork email address to your PayPal account, much easier, you can have up to 6

8 of 8

Thank you for a very useful help. I am set not.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS