Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Issues

Highlighted
Elena B Member Since: Apr 26, 2017
1 of 3

Hi everybody,

Since I got my first balance and tried to withdraw my earnings with the option "Get Paid Now" (for obvious reasons), I've been rejected multipal times. Then I changed the payment schedule with weekly instead of monthly and got rejected once again. Tried for the last time 5 minutes ago and again, same thing happens. So i just turn the settings back to the monthly schedule again, that should be next Wednesday and I can't help but worrie if I'm gonna be turned down again. 

I have completed the the limit that alowes you to get paid after reaching a particular sume and I still don't know what the problem is. Everithing I linked, PayPal included seems to be working properly.

Can anyone tell me what might be the problem or have had similar experience?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
2 of 3

@Elena B wrote:

I've been rejected multipal times.

What do you mean by 'rejected'? Are you getting some kind of error message or email that might give you a clue as to what the issue might be? Either way, dropping a line to support would be the best course of action. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

I assume you are trying to withdraw to PayPal?

In many countries PayPal accounts either need to be manually enabled to accept Mass Pay payments (which is what Upwork uses to dispurse freelancer earnings) or don't allow it at all.

You need to contact PayPal and discuss if your PayPal can be set up to accept Mass Pay payments and, if yes, get PayPal to do what needs to be done to set your PayPal account up to accept them.

Mass Pay is **NOT** the same as regular PayPal payments, not available for all countries, and your issue seems to be particularly common in your part of the world.