🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Payment Method Active or Inactive Status
Page options
dinusha_jayaward
Community Member

Payment Method Active or Inactive Status

Hi I'm new to Upwork. I added a payment method this Monday and was notified that it will be active on the 11th (today). I didn't receive any email and can't find anything in my profile that indicates that my payment method is now active. Can someone pls help me to understand how I can be sure that my payment method is now active and can receive payments made by clients without issue?

Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dinusha,

I checked this for you and your payment method is active. For security reasons, new payment method becomes active in three calendar days.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dinusha,

I checked this for you and your payment method is active. For security reasons, new payment method becomes active in three calendar days.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
2fd39fc8
Community Member

Could you please check mine too

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul,

Yes, I checked and can confirm that your payment method is active. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ce0aa53b
Community Member

Can me check my status i don't know its active or not. 

Hi Haziq,

I checked and can confirm that your payment method is already active. If you experience any issues while withdrawing your funds let us know and we will assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
6d02c589
Community Member

Hi Bojan, hope you're doing good. Can you please check the status of my payment method also ? I am having similar problems withdrawing funds.

Hi Mirza,

I have checked your account and it looks like you're already communicating with our team, and there's already a support ticket created with your concern. I highly suggest you continue communicating with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thank you so much for checking and letting me know. Big help!

b6f5b61d
Community Member

Can you please check my status too

Hi Shamsa,

You will need to fill out your W8Ben form before you`re able to use your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ghisdulay
Community Member

Hi,

My new payment method will be activated after 3 days. I am supposed to receive my weekly payment tomorrow, July 1, but since I have no active payment method yet until tomorrow, will my payment for tomorrow be pending or will be lost? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi Ghisleen,

Rest assured, your funds will remain on your Upwork account and once your payment is activated you will be able to withdraw them. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks!

Can you please check my payment method either its active or not.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. Your payment method will be active on Jun 15th 2021. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi can I get an update on my payment method if it's active. It says it'll be activated 19th June but still hasn't been actived. Thanks!

Hi Kristofferson,

I checked and it looks like it's still under the security verification, expected to become active on the 20th of June. If during the security period the team finds anything worth flagging in the account, you will be notified.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, can you please check my payment method is either active or not?

Thank you.

Hi Tran,

I checked and it looks like your payment method is already active. You should have no problems withdrawing your funds. Let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, can you also check mine? Thank you

Hi Alaiza,

I checked and it looks like your payment method is also active, you should not experience any trouble using it. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ac48b3f2
Community Member

Hello, can you please check my payment method is either active or not?
I inserted bank detail last Monday I think and it still, shows inactive in get paid menu.

Thank you.

Hi Muneeb,

I checked and it looks like you need to add additional information before your payment method can become active. In order to withdraw earnings, please complete a W8BEN Foreign Status Certification. If you are a U.S. taxpayer living outside of the United States, please complete a W9 Form.

You can find more information about forms here:

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ac48b3f2
Community Member

Okay thank you, Nikola

Hi, hope you're doing good
Could you please check mine too, i added recentley Payment-Method(Direct to local bank) but it shows inactive 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that newly added billing payment methods will be active after 3 days for security purposes.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

Can you check my payment method too if it is already active? Thank you!

Hi Lee,

I would be happy to help. I checked and it looks like your payment method is now active. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
43f9a4b5
Community Member

Bojan, my payment method is also inactive, do you mind taking a look into it. If so thank you!

Hi Angela,

I have checked and it looks like you will need to fill out your W-8BEN form that can be completed by going to Settings> Tax Info. This is to confirm that you're not a US taxpayer so that your payment method can be activated. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
7c2d6d08
Community Member

Can you please check mine too? I haven't received any confirmation of activation.

Hi Ayesha,

I checked and it looks like your payment method is already active. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ef24a0e6
Community Member

Hey! Can you please check mine if you are still there?

Hi Faariha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your payment method is already active. Once funds become available in your account balance, you'll be able to use the Get Paid Now button under the available tab and withdraw the funds to the payment method you set up on your Get Paid page, under Settings.

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello! 

Could you please check mine too, I added Payment-Method(Direct to local bank) 3 days ago but I'm not sure if it's active. 

Thank you, 

Hi Jasper,

It doesn't look like it's been 3 days since you added your payment method. Please wait one more day for it to become active.

~Andrea
Upwork
woodklem
Community Member

Bojan - I'm desperately in need of help. I've been trying to withdraw funds for almost two months, I've added/deleted/re-added multiple payment accounts multiple times (and yes, I've waited the appropriate number of days). Initially I was told my account name needed to match my payment names so I fixed that and uploaded all of my tax documents. All of my accounts still stay Inactive so my money has been locked. I couldn't find a way to get in touch with support, they just kept me in an endless loop of automated replies. Please help! 

Hi William,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
woodklem
Community Member

Thank you 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths