🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment Method - Generic question
Page options
widosub
Community Member

Payment Method - Generic question

This is the first time I have received a job offer on Upwork.

Could you please let me know about the exact details of the payment flow? 
How will I be charged with Upwork service fee? 
Does the agency pay through Upwork or it is a separate process?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Guido,

I checked your account and can confirm that you were not hired on a contract. In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract and fulfill the criteria required. Upwork Payment Protection consists of two sub-programs: Protection for hourly contracts and fixed price contracts.

Please keep in mind that asking for free work or payments outside of Upwork are violations of our TOS and you can report the client directly to us (Moderators) or by flagging the job posting, to learn more how to protect your self check out the Safety first section on this Thread. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Guido F M wrote:

This is the first time I have received a job offer on Upwork.

Could you please let me know about the exact details of the payment flow? 
How will I be charged with Upwork service fee? 
Does the agency pay through Upwork or it is a separate process?

What do you mean by "does the agency pay through Upwork?"

You are not part of any agency?

Have you actually been hired?

With an Upwork offer you have accepted and there is a contract on your "My Jobs Page?"++

The Upwork fee gets deducted once the funds move from review to pending (familiarize yourself with your Reports Page - it actually explains the payment flow - use the little question marks.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Guido,

I checked your account and can confirm that you were not hired on a contract. In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract and fulfill the criteria required. Upwork Payment Protection consists of two sub-programs: Protection for hourly contracts and fixed price contracts.

Please keep in mind that asking for free work or payments outside of Upwork are violations of our TOS and you can report the client directly to us (Moderators) or by flagging the job posting, to learn more how to protect your self check out the Safety first section on this Thread. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much for the help. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths