cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive

2e750978
Zaki M Member Since: Jan 31, 2021
1 of 28

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
BEST ANSWER
2 of 28

Hi Zaki,

Can you please try and complete the W-8BEN form under Settings > Tax Info, which purpose is to

confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Nikola

Untitled

View solution in original post

2e750978
Zaki M Member Since: Jan 31, 2021
3 of 28

Thanks Nikola ! I completed the W-8BEN form and now The Problem is solved.

baonguyen1704
Bao N Member Since: Jun 5, 2021
4 of 28

Hello Nikolas,

Would you mind having a look at my situation? I completed my W8-BEN form as well and verified that my payment methods - debit card and PayPal - were valid, but they remained inactive since yesterday! Please let me know in advance! Thank you very much!

pradeephele
Pradeep H Moderator Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
5 of 28

Hi Bao,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have added a US address to your account. In order to activate your payment method and withdraw earnings, please complete a W9 Form

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Untitled
65cb01ce
Fatima Elkhanssa H Member Since: Jun 24, 2021
6 of 28

I chose a payment method

I entered the information

In the end he wrote me inactive

what does that mean?

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
7 of 28

Hi Fatima,

Thank you for reaching out to us. For security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added. You can find more information here

~ Nikola

Untitled
65cb01ce
Fatima Elkhanssa H Member Since: Jun 24, 2021
8 of 28

Thank you

priya_karmarkar
Priya K Member Since: Nov 27, 2020
9 of 28

My bank account is showing as 'inactive' despite completing W8-BEN tax information about 2 weeks ago. What is wrong? Thank you.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
10 of 28

Hi Priya,

For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS