🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment Reversed in the Client Account and C...
Page options
dd567a9b
Community Member

Payment Reversed in the Client Account and Contract Paused By Upwork

Hi Everyone,

Recently I faced a bad experience on Upwork. Please give me the best possible solution to avoid this type of Issue.

Recently I have worked on an hourly base project. The contract was 37$ / h. I completed 18h this week after the contract started. Everything was tracked by Upwork Tracker. After the security period, I was supposed to receive the 549$ payment with the Upwork fee. But I have received only 201$ this week.

After that, I received 2 mail from Upwork. They told me

1. They paused the contract and hold off on working on this contract.
  2. The client's Payment was unsuccessful for the weekend they refund 419$ to the client's account. 

Although I completed my work successfully and everything had been tracked by the Upwork tracker, Even after that  I couldn't receive full payment for my work. After all, I tried to contact the client but she did not respond.

Note: The same thing happened in the next week. I was supposed to receive the 199$ payment but I received only 73$ this week. Refunded - 139$

Now my question is:- 

What is the possible reason my payment was refunded to the client's account?

How can I end the contract now if the client did not end it?

What should I do to avoid the same problem in the future?

Best Regards 

SHAKTI

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You only have 1 contract at $3 per hour.

Your profile rate is $15 per hour. 

What is the possible reason my payment was refunded to the client's account? You will only get your profile rate or the rate you worked for or an usual rate for the kind of work. Why do you suddenly charge twice your profile rate and more than 10 times the rate of your first and only contract?

What should I do to avoid the same problem in the future? don't work for any other rate than your profile rate. It's not a good look. 

How can I end the contract now if the client did not end it? You can end contracts yourself any time. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You only have 1 contract at $3 per hour.

Your profile rate is $15 per hour. 

What is the possible reason my payment was refunded to the client's account? You will only get your profile rate or the rate you worked for or an usual rate for the kind of work. Why do you suddenly charge twice your profile rate and more than 10 times the rate of your first and only contract?

What should I do to avoid the same problem in the future? don't work for any other rate than your profile rate. It's not a good look. 

How can I end the contract now if the client did not end it? You can end contracts yourself any time. 

dd567a9b
Community Member

Thanks for your Replay,
At first, My profile rate was 10$/h and my first contract was  3$/h. It's happening in my second contract. That may not be shown in my profile. Because Upwork paused the contract. I have attached the screen below. Hope you will see and give me the best possible solution.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths