🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Payment and payment method approuval ques...
Page options
martacrs
Community Member

Payment and payment method approuval questions

Hello, I hope this is the right chategory.

I got my first job on upwork and I was asked again to set up my payment method (paypal in my case) and I was told that the approuvement of this pay method could take up to 3 days. Meanwhile today my client said that he paid for my job (a test article) but I didn't get any notification about the payment. Since my payment methods needs to be approuved (and I don't know why AGAIN) could this interfere withthe payment I should get? Also, do I have to have a certain amount on my paypal balance to get paid, or can the balance also be zero?

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

@Marta C wrote:

Hello, I hope this is the right chategory.

I got my first job on upwork and I was asked again to set up my payment method (paypal in my case) and I was told that the approuvement of this pay method could take up to 3 days. Meanwhile today my client said that he paid for my job (a test article) but I didn't get any notification about the payment. Since my payment methods needs to be approuved (and I don't know why AGAIN) could this interfere withthe payment I should get? Also, do I have to have a certain amount on my paypal balance to get paid, or can the balance also be zero?

It will take 3 days for your PayPal account to become active, and you will find the state of your payment on your Reports Overview Page. Once your funds are under "Available" and provided you have completed your tax info, you can withdraw to your PayPal account using  the "Get Paid Now" button on the "Available" page.

get paid now.jpg

There does not have to be a balance on your PayPal account but it does have to be a verified PayPal account.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths