jrdesign97

Payment for first job?

So I just completed my first job, i got the job today and was wondering how i get payed for it. My client put the amount i am to be payed in his escrow account. From what i understand i wait till next week and then the client gets charged and then ten days later i get my payment. i was just wondering if i had to do anyhting such as request a payment next week so the cleint gets charged??

3 REPLIES 3
browersr
anilkukreti

Dear james 

Welcome to upwork community. 

So you payment is based on the project type your have completed.

If it is hourly and all other things like payment verification is done for you and your client properly , your input hours are accepted by client, etc are ok.. it takes upto 2 weeks to finally credit amount in your account. 

if project type is fixed , and as you said your project or milestone is completed , please request for payment from client through upwork channel. if client approves the payment so it will take 5 working days by upwork to credit amount in your account. 

Thanks

petra_r

@James R wrote:

So I just completed my first job, i got the job today and was wondering how i get payed for it. My client put the amount i am to be payed in his escrow account.

So it is a fixed rate contract.

Once you have completed the work, go to your my contracts page

Click on the contract

See the nice big "submit work and request payment" button?

Clicking on that and submitting the work (or putting "already sent via XYZ" in the message field) and submitting starts the 14 day review period.

The client can either just approve, which releases the funded milestone, or request changes, or do nothing.

If the client approves, the funds are released to you and you can withdraw them after the 5 day security period.

If the client does nothing, the funds are released after 14 days automatically.