🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment from previous months
Page options
c_casallas
Community Member

Payment from previous months

Hi, 

I am new to Upwork and it's my first time getting payed. 

I have worked from mid october on an ongoing proyect and have requested the monthly payment. 

When I went to the "Get Payed" section it showed $526.00 funds to be released, and I then followed all of the instrucctions on that section. 

When I was given the OK for that, I went to check how much I have earned since I started the contract and the report showed $805.00. 

That's $280.00 USD difference - I then checked another report and was able to figure out that the difference is related to the hours I worked in October 2019. 

My question is, why were all the funds not available to be released today - and how do I get hold of the $280.00 thats due to be payed, becasue currently in the "Get Payed" section it says that I don't have any outstanding amount. 

Please help. 

Thank you very much

Claudia

2 REPLIES 2
sbilu131521
Community Member

Hi Claudia,

As I see, you worked on an hourly basis for the job. Now for an hourly job, the payout is calculated and settled once in a week. From Monday to Sunday midnight. Suppose you worked 40 hours a month, and suppose you did 15 hours in the 1st week, 10 hours in the second, 5 hours in the 3rd and 10 hours in the last.

So, the first payment will be released for the 1st 15 hours. In the next Sunday, you will get payment for the next 10 hours work, and the next Sunday, 5 Hours and finally 10 hours on the next Sunday.

Now once the payment ger released, it will go for review for 5 days and then it will take another 5 days to process and then you get it in your GET PAID section. So, the process overall takes 10 days to release the fund. 

The gap of $280 is just because of the time period, it is still either on review or pending section. Don't worry it will be released automatically.

I hope this solves your problem.

Thanks
Sagar

petra_r
Community Member

Claudia C wrote:

I have worked from mid october on an ongoing proyect and have requested the monthly payment. 

What "monthly payment?"

Your contract is an hourly contract, and that means you get paid according to the weekly billing cycle, which you can find about about here.

Claudia C wrote:

When I went to the "Get Payed" section it showed $526.00 funds to be released, and I then followed all of the instrucctions on that section.

When I was given the OK for that, I went to check how much I have earned since I started the contract and the report showed $805.00.

That's $280.00 USD difference - I then checked another report and was able to figure out that the difference is related to the hours I worked in October 2019.

No, it's not related to hours in October. That money is likely from hours you logged this week or last week.

Take a look at your "Reports Overview" ", where you see the different stages your money goes through.

Also don't forget that Upwork took a 20% fee from the first $ 500 and a 10% fee from the money you earned in excess of $ 500.

Chances are you'll find the money in "in progress" (hours worked this week) and "pending" (hours worked last week)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths