400a2c1d
Member

Payment in Escrow; how to select pay less?

hi all,

 

I have a freelancer who has been assinged a job. We discussed the manner and we decided to part ways, agreeing a payout of 30% of the escrow balance.

 

My question: How do I pay out the 30% and gain the other 70% back?

I couldn't find it on the forum so I hope someone is able to advice me.

 

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
carolyngomes
Member

Hi Colin,

 

When you click the "Review & Pay" or "Pay Now" button, you will see a pencil icon next to the amount in escrow, just click the pencil and  edit the amount you would like to release. You may then select the radio button to close the contract. This will trigger a request to the freelancer to allow the remainder of the funds to be returned to you. 

~Carolyn
Upwork