🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment issues
Page options
kapoor_manish
Community Member

Payment issues

I have completed the work on 3rd May, 2021.
The client has released the payment as on 13th May, 2021,but the payment status is showing pending. When will my payment be released??
3 REPLIES 3
ghazali-kb
Community Member

Hi Manish,

Funds remain pending for 5 days. So you will have to wait for 5 days after the payment was released by the client. 

If you go to the reports page, you should see a question mark icon next to the text "Pending ?". If you hover or click on the question mark you should find a clear explanation(I have attached it).

On that reports page also, you should be able to see the date for the funds to be available which should available by 18th May 2021 according to my calculations.

Hope that answers the question.

And if you have the top-rated badge, they might release the funds for you immediately without having to wait the 5 days . 

JoanneP

Hi Manish,

Ghazali is right. When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. Please check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths