🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment method in Sri Lanka
Page options
dilshandpelpola
Community Member

Payment method in Sri Lanka

Hi, I'm new to Upwork and wanted to know the best method to receive payments from clients to Sri lanka. I have a savings account with Commercial bank of ceylon. Will that work or do I have to get a NRFC account?

Thank you,

Dilshan

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dilshan,

You can check out our Options for getting paid and chose one that best fits your needs. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much. Will check this out.

Hi, the link mentioned above does not work. I want to know more inforamtion on payment methods to Sri Lanka from client.

Thanks in advance

Hi Nisali,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try this link to check available payment methods in your country? Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
hashel_98
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork and facing a similar issue. I added my bank account details (Bank of Ceylon Savings Account - Kaduwela branch), I got the swift codes, bank codes etc, from the internet & within 3 days or so my payment method was approved in upwork. I'm abit hessitant at the moment to withdraw my funds, mostly thinking it might get lost in process somewhere.

1. Since my account is a savings account dealing with LKR, should I have a dollar account?

2. Is there any method to verify my bank account through upwork or is it already verified since it's approved?

My issue might seems abit dumb but I want to get an experts opinion first hand before proceeding with my withdrawal.

Thank you.

Hi Hashel,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you have already added a payment method to transfer funds using Local fund transfer. This allows you to receive fund in your local currency. In case Upwork is unable to transfer funds to your bank account, the funds will be reversed to your Upwork account after eight business days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you so much for clarifying my issue. Just wanted to know what would happen in case my funds didn't go through to my bank.

I'm working with Upwork for over 13 years now. I withdraw my funds directly either to Commercial Bank of Sampath Bank. It gets deposited in a few minutes. It's safe and no problem. The USD rate is of course a bit less. Completely safe. Never had a problem.

hey I too have added a commercial bank account to my profile. can I please know the bank code(SWIFT CODE) you've entered to the bank details. thank you 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths