🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment method problem
Page options
phachsasi
Community Member

Payment method problem

Hi :)) I am new to Upwork and just added the payment methods and there are some issues...

I started off signing up the account name with my first name and half of my surname, so the payment feature said 'The beneficiary name is mismatched', so that, I edited my account name with my completed surname. Then, it says that the request will be processed within 48 hours.

However, my client will pay the earning on 8th Feb (in the next two days) and I am very worried about it as I might not be able to receive the pay.
Therefore, I would like to ask for the solutions and the possible circumstances about the payment.

Thank you 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phachsasi,

You can relax knowing that the concern you have with your pending name change request won't affect the payment you'll receive in the meantime, since the funds your clients releases first need to pass the standard five-day security period before becoming available in your account balance, from where you can manually send them to your withdrawal method once it becomes available. Seeing you're a new freelancer, I'd strongly advise you to review these resources which will help you with successfully using the platform and managing your contracts on Upwork.

As an additional advice, please consider removing all-caps text from your profile overview and title.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phachsasi,

You can relax knowing that the concern you have with your pending name change request won't affect the payment you'll receive in the meantime, since the funds your clients releases first need to pass the standard five-day security period before becoming available in your account balance, from where you can manually send them to your withdrawal method once it becomes available. Seeing you're a new freelancer, I'd strongly advise you to review these resources which will help you with successfully using the platform and managing your contracts on Upwork.

As an additional advice, please consider removing all-caps text from your profile overview and title.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you so much for the quick reply ! I am blessed with your helpful advices 😄

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths