cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment not received

Highlighted
Estefania W Member Since: Jul 20, 2017
1 of 5

Hello,  I am new to Upwork and I have recently worked for a client and completed the work successfully,  but I have not received payment for my work. I have sent emails and messages to the client but I haven't received any response. I would like to know what I should do. Thank you very much!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

Go to your My Jobs page and check the actual contract (There IS one showing on your My Jobs page, right??)

Was it hourly, in which case, did you use the tracker?

Was it fixed rate, in which case was it funded and did you use the ""Submit work and request payment button on the contract to request payment?

Highlighted
Estefania W Member Since: Jul 20, 2017
3 of 5

I went to My Jobs page but the contract is not active, the client ended it after I had completed the task. Therefore, I couldn't use the "Submit work and request payment'' button on the contract to request payment.

The duration of the work was only 1 hour and I used the time tracker. 

Thank you for your help!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

@Estefania W wrote:

I went to My Jobs page but the contract is not active, the client ended it after I had completed the task.

So it was an hourly contract, and you used the tracker. GOOD!

Now, go to your reports overview and check if you see any amounts under any of the tabs. Depending on when the work was done your money is under "in progress" (this week) or "under review" (last week)

Check and let us know what you see.

If you use Upwork correctly, you are paid AUTOMATICALLY Smiley Happy No need to chase a client.....

Also read When will I get paid?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
5 of 5

Hello Estafania,

14 days after submitting the work, the funds will be released to you. The funds are held in escrow by Upwork and not with the client. (fixed contract)

Do not keep pressing the submit button as it will reset to zero. Be patient. Man Happy

Have a look at the Upwork Help and Support pages to see how the payment process works if you have worked on an hourly contract.

Best wishes,

Louisa