🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment of a milestone
Page options
norah_seo
Community Member

Payment of a milestone

Hello,

I hope you are well.

I am new to UpWork and there is one thing I cannot figure out. I was hired by a client, I received payment for the first milestone. However, although the customer has validated the second milestone, I cannot see the amount in my account. UpWork informs me that my scale is still at 0 $ . So I don't know who to contact, I can't find the contact of the UpWork moderation team. Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance and have a good weekend

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Nora,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you have some funds currently under the Work in progress and Pending tab on your Overview page. 

Here is more information for each tab to help you clear the confused:

• Work in progress: This also includes any fixed-price milestones that have been assigned to you. Unlike hourly timesheets, work on fixed-price milestones must be submitted when ready.
  • In review: This also includes any fixed-price milestones you've submitted for review. Clients have 14 days to accept (or ask for changes on) submitted milestones.
  • Pending: This represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn.Payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability.
  • Available: These are funds available to withdraw. If you've set up automatic payments, this will usually show a zero balance, with the last payment indicated below. Click this tab to see a history of payments already sent.

You may want to check this help article for more information about getting paid for Fixed-Price Contracts. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Nora,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you have some funds currently under the Work in progress and Pending tab on your Overview page. 

Here is more information for each tab to help you clear the confused:

• Work in progress: This also includes any fixed-price milestones that have been assigned to you. Unlike hourly timesheets, work on fixed-price milestones must be submitted when ready.
  • In review: This also includes any fixed-price milestones you've submitted for review. Clients have 14 days to accept (or ask for changes on) submitted milestones.
  • Pending: This represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn.Payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability.
  • Available: These are funds available to withdraw. If you've set up automatic payments, this will usually show a zero balance, with the last payment indicated below. Click this tab to see a history of payments already sent.

You may want to check this help article for more information about getting paid for Fixed-Price Contracts. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nicola,,

Oh okay, it seems clearer to me now. Thank you very much for this complete answer, that is very kind of you :).

Regards,

Nora

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths