🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment problem
Page options
ardeeisidro
Community Member

Payment problem

I am new in Upwork and just finished a job. As I check my balance, it says zero, though my client already told me he had already pay me. I waited for a weeek but my balance was still zero. I appreciate any help. Thank you very much!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ardee, 

I checked your Overview page (Reports > Overview) and can see that the earnings you are referring to is currently in the Pending tab, which makes John correct. This means that the money is in the 5-day security period, which will be available to be withdrawn once the security period is over. 

You may read more about the Weekly Billing Cycle to understand how your earnings are processed in your account. 

Since you are new here, I would highly recommend that you read up on the resources we have compiled here to help you get started, and familiarize yourself with Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
mtngigi
Community Member

It says your job is in progress - you need to upload final files to your contract page, press "get paid", and wait for the client to release the funds or it will happen automatically after 14 days.

I would suggest that you read all the help articles about how things work before bidding on any more jobs, so you know your way around.

Thank you for the reply. According to my client, I am already paid and my
payment is based per milestone. I was wondering why I only have 0 balance

@Ardee I wrote:
Thank you for the reply. According to my client, I am already paid and my
payment is based per milestone. I was wondering why I only have 0 balance

Did you read my question? Did you upload the file to the contract/get paid page?

Thank you for the reply. According to my client, I am already paid and my payment is based per milestone. I was wondering why I only have 0 balance. Thanks Again!

It's pending perhaps? Take a look at https://www.upwork.com/ab/reports/pending

If it's pending, it will become Available after a 5 day security period. Once it's available, you can withdraw it.

Thanks John, That's my main problem, I've waited for a week already but still got 0 balance, perhaps I'll see what happened this week. Thank you!

mtngigi
Community Member

Well John, perhap if you explain about the submit file/get paid button, he'll respond ... because that's probably what's going on here. It appears my  answers are invisible.

Hi Virginia, thank you for the help and reply. I'm just new here and have many clarifications. I really appreciate all your help

Hi Ardee, 

I checked your Overview page (Reports > Overview) and can see that the earnings you are referring to is currently in the Pending tab, which makes John correct. This means that the money is in the 5-day security period, which will be available to be withdrawn once the security period is over. 

You may read more about the Weekly Billing Cycle to understand how your earnings are processed in your account. 

Since you are new here, I would highly recommend that you read up on the resources we have compiled here to help you get started, and familiarize yourself with Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery, and everyone! I really do appreciate all the help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths