🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Payment related issue
Page options
273f8db3
Community Member

Payment related issue

Hello sir/madam,

I am new to upwork. So while setting up the payment method its mandatory to give my PAN(as i am from India) and i dont have PAN yet because i am a student. So if their is any alternative payment method

or any other method you suggest.

Waiting for your prompt reply.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muaaz, 

If you do not have a PAN or an Aadhaar number you may leave this section blank. Please know that if you do not provide us with either of the numbers, we will be required to withhold 5% of all your payments, starting with the first dollar earned. You will be able to claim a credit for the tax withheld in your annual tax filing and you may be due a refund from the Indian government if the amount withheld exceeds your tax liability. You may read more about it here. You may wish to consult with a trusted tax expert or advisor for specific advice.

~ Avery
Upwork
273f8db3
Community Member

Hello sir,
I wanted to ask Whether I can provide aadhar number in that section. If
yes, then I do have aadhar number. Kindly let me know.
Regards
Muaaz

Hi Muaaz,

You may enter your PAN or Aadhaar number in the “Tax Info” section under “Settings". Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello sir,

Thanks for your quick response.

I am unable to proceed through the setting up of payment method without entering my PAN number, which i dont have. I tried aadhar in its place but i didnt work.

Kindly see the attached file. Waiting for your prompt reply.

Thank you

Hi Muaaz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths