Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment security

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Veerle M Member Since: Jan 31, 2017
1 of 3

Hi

I just joined upwork recently. In the beginning of the month, I applied for a job and I received the offer this week. Due to a change of deadline, I was asked to do half of the work that was first required. The client told me the pay would not change. The payment is quite a substantial amount and is verified. The contract with the milestone was send to me and I noticed it was still the previous agreement. I asked the client to change it, and I received a new contract that stipulated what we had agreed on. 

However if I now check the contract in 'my contracts' I see the old contract (where I need to do the double for the same amount) is there, not the new. How come? And what should I think of that? Do I continue the work and trust that I will be paid? 

What do you suggest? 

Thanks for the help

Greetings

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Hi Veerle,

I've checked and it seemsyou're looking at the message room related to the invite you received.  The client didn't change terms but instead sent you a separate offer, which you accepted. Could you please click on the Messages button on the contract details page and confirm the terms your client outlined are the more recent ones?

If that's the case, please withdraw your invite in order to avoid further confusion by having two separate rooms for the same contract, and communicate only in the more recent one.

Let me know if you're seeing anything differently.

Ace Contributor
Veerle M Member Since: Jan 31, 2017
3 of 3

Thank you for the feedback. I checked everything thoroughly and realised my mistake. 

There so much to discover as a newbie. 

Anyway, I finished the assignment and shortly afterwards received a new milestone from the client. 

I'm starting to get the hang of it. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS