🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Payment
Page options
arsene_benimain
Community Member

Payment

Hello,

I am new to upwork and I recently completed my first job.

The feedback from the client was great but I have a problem. Neither I nor my client knows how payments are made and therefore I can't receive my payment.
The client is also new to Upwork.

Could anyone help us?
Thank you very much

5 REPLIES 5
williambernal
Community Member

BA,

I trust that you are unaware of how payments are processed, but I can't believe that your client "doesn't know" how to complete payment on a finished contract.

If your client has a verified paymetnt method, they know.

Good luck.

Work smart, work safe!

a10f0fc1
Community Member

Contact Upworks directly to resolve. The error was setting up account correctly from the start. Important to read up first on the policies to protect yourself as well.

**Edited for community guidelines**

I have enclosed the Upworks locations & phone contact. You must have the contract located here. Both parties must be fully vested on the best way to use these platform. Never too late to get it right. We all err at times & can be costly, prevention is better. Go and read up on the tips provided how to use Upworks effectively & safely. All the best, Liliana

**Edited for community guidelines**

petra_r
Community Member

Benimain A wrote:

Hello,

I am new to upwork and I recently completed my first job.

The feedback from the client was great but I have a problem. Neither I nor my client knows how payments are made and therefore I can't receive my payment.
The client is also new to Upwork.

Could anyone help us?

Go to your My Jobs Page

Is there a contract?

Is the contract hourly (and if yes, did you track your time?)

Is the contract fixed rate (if yes, have you submitted for payment on the contract?)

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Benimain,

You are not hired for this job and shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. I strongly advise you to go through these resources in order to learn how to successfully use Upwork. Please do share this help article with your Client for more information on how to send you an offer. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths