🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment
Page options
1c4ea7f6
Community Member

Payment

I paid for a project today , the card was charged a small amount, however I keep getting a request to get verification. I tried many links and suggestions with no luck. Also tried PayPal after deleting the visa. Same story- card is good just used it.pleasesuggest I am working on a time schedule here will appreciate help asap.
4 REPLIES 4
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Doesn't matter whether or not you know the card is good. The only thing that matters is that Upwork knows it is. Hence the verification request. You'll need to complete the verification in order to use your card.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068038-Add-a-Credit-Card

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sam, 

Michael is correct. Kindly refer to the help article he linked in his reply for more information about verifying your credit card. 

You can add your card for your billing method, and let me know if you will need help with refunding the verification charges on the billing methods you removed and I'll assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
1c4ea7f6
Community Member

Hello, I appreciate your response. I entered the card details earlier and it charged the 10 dollars, I even verified the charge and it still did not allow me to go forward ( kept getting verification details). Thereafter I deleted the card and tried to use PayPal- same story needs verification. At that point I gave up. Do you recommend I go through process again. I assume the worst that can happen if I try again with visa is another 10 dollars charged that you can remove later?Please advice.Thanks,Sam

Hi Sam,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. The $10 charges you`re referring to are refundable and the funds have already been reversed back to your account. It can take 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your account.

One of our team members will also reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths