🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Payment
Page options
amber_anand
Community Member

Payment

I was working for a client at $30/hr. This was my first week. I have worked 7 hours out of max 10 hours. Now my client is unresponsive. I think he has also not approved my payment yet. Please help. What should I do?
6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I was working for a client at $30/hr. This was my first week. I have worked 7 hours out of max 10 hours. Now my client is unresponsive. I think he has also not approved my payment yet. Please help. What should I do?"

You should do absolutely nothing.

Clients are not required to be responsive.

When you have an hourly contract, clients don't "approve" your payment.
You get paid automatically based on the hours that you log.

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amber,

As Preston said, the client does not need to approve your hours. They have 5 days to file a dispute if they disagree with the hours, but, by default, the time worked is "approved." You can learn more here: Weekly Billing Cycle

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike

So, should I continue to do the work? Because I read somewhere on upwork that if a client is unresponsive, terminate the contract.
What should I do?

If that client has a verified payment method, then you can continue and give him/her good finished work. You will get your payment automatically.

re: "So, should I continue to do the work? Because I read somewhere on upwork that if a client is unresponsive, terminate the contract. What should I do?"

You are getting paid for the work that you do.

If the client asked you to do Task A, Task B, and Task C...

...and you have only finished doing Task A and Task B at this point...

Then you have not finished what you were asked to do.

You should continue working, and you should finish working on Task C.

If you have already finished doing all the work that the client asked you to do, then you should stop working.

If the client asked you to do something specific EACH week... Then you should continue doing that task EACH week.

Amber A wrote:
So, should I continue to do the work? Because I read somewhere on upwork that if a client is unresponsive, terminate the contract.
What should I do?

That is complete nonsense. Don't believe everything you read, on upwork or anywhere else. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths