cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

Highlighted
Shauna C Member Since: May 6, 2017
1 of 4

i posted a job and hired a freelancer, paid with my credit card but its say on the job pay now, i have paid and its took the money out of my bank when i first hired the freelancer, i dont understand, ive never used upwork before, so what is going on. i have attached screen shot. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

It's all fine and as it should be. Your money is in Escrow, which means it's being kept safely until your freelancer has done his or her job.

Once you have what you hired the freelancer for, you click on "PAY NOW" so the funds get released to the freelancer.

So this "Pay Now" button does not ask you to make a payment to Upwork, but to release the funds to the freelancer (AFTER you got what you hired the freelancer to create.)

Highlighted
Shauna C Member Since: May 6, 2017
3 of 4

Oh ok, thank you very much for the help! Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
4 of 4

You've paid Upwork, who hold the amount in escrow until the project is complete and you're happy with the work. The freelancer hasn't been paid yet. If you click pay now, the money will go from escrow, to the freelancer, so you don't want to do that until the work is complete. But you won't be charged again when you do click pay now. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS