🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment
Page options
kz72m
Community Member

Payment

I unintentionally requested payment too early for a job that isn't completed. I won't complete the job until December 14 and don't expect to paid until then. How do I cancel this request for payment?

3 REPLIES 3
abdulrazaq89
Community Member

Hi Debra, 

No need to cancel the request of payment even if you have sent it mistakenly before the work completed. Leave it as it is and complete the work. Just inform your client that he/she can pay you when the work completes. 

If she submitted a request for payment, leaving it as is would not be the best option. Once a request for payment is sent (assuming it's a fixed-price contract), the clock is ticking. If the client does nothing, the payment will be automatically released after 14 days. If she's not going to be completing the work until the 14th, that leaves the client with only two days to review said work.

I'd definitely contact customer support about this.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Debra, 

I checked this contract and it looks like the client has rejected the submitted work, and is requesting for changes on it. If your client did the steps correctly, she would have done the steps outlined here.

Let us know if both you and your client need further assistance.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths