🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment
Page options
kumarrahulmishra
Community Member

Payment

I am new to upwork and one of my older client is also new. Someone told me that please refer Upwork link to your client and ask him to create an account. I did same and the customer has created the account now.

He has also created a project for me and I bid there. Now my question is Will I get actual amount paid from customer what we agreed when he will make a payment or you will charge your commission in this. I am asking this because that guy told me that if you refer Upwork to someone and then get paid by that account person, Upwork won't charge any amount.

Please confirm.

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rahul,

The program you`re referring to is called Bring your own Client. With this program, you can receive 0% fee for clients that have signed up on Upwork through your unique link. 

Unfortunately at the moment, you`re not eligible for this program. Only Rising Talent and Top Rated freelancers are eligible to receive their unique links and 0% fee on the contracts that are formed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How to be a rising talent or how to get paid without any deductions?

Hi Rahul, 

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

As Goran has noted on his reply, please know that you will have to be part of the Rising Talent, or Top Rated program to avail of the "Bring Your Own Client" perk. Kindly refer to the information he shared on his reply if you have further questions about this program. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths