🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment
Page options
sijor123
Community Member

Payment

Completed my clients required work and submitted the work. However, there is no response from the client and the contract is still active. Do I get paid after 14 days? 

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I completed my client's required work and submitted the work. However, there is no response from the client and the contract is still active. Do I get paid after 14 days?"

Yes.

You get paid automatically after 14 days.

Clients are NOT REQUIRED to respond.

When I complete my fixed-price task, I immediately click the "Submit Work and Request Payment" button. I do NOT send any messages to the client.

If the client does nothing, then Upwork will release all of the money in escrow to me AUTOMATICALLY, after 14 days.

Thank you. Another job I applied for was $5. Spoke to the client and agreed
on $10. He hired me with the same job offer he had with $5 as the escrow.
Told me he will pay $5 at the end. Can a client do that? He has only spent
$2 on upwork.

Also can’t buy connects using my card or PayPal! Anyone else?

re: "Another job I applied for was $5. Spoke to the client and agreed on $10. He hired me with the same job offer he had with $5 as the escrow. Told me he will pay $5 at the end. Can a client do that?"

Yes.

A client can do that.

If a client hires you with $5 in escrow, he may indeed tell you that he will pay you $5 at the end.

If you do the work, and then submit using the button, then you will receive $5 if the client does nothing.

The "extra $5" to be paid at the end of the task will be paid by the client based on the honor system. This is a "promise" and Upwork does not guarantee that freelancers will be paid that money. It would be purely between you and the client.

Just keep in mind that the client could close the contract without paying you the extra $5 if he wanted to. If you complained about it to Upwork, then Upwork would tell you that the client has paid you all of the money he expected to: $5.00. If you said, "But he promised me $10," then Upwork would simply say that is a matter between you and the client.

Experienced freelancers do not work using the "promise" system.
Experiened freelancers do not care what number is in the "budget" field.

Experienced freelancers ONLY work for money that is ACTUALLY FUNDED IN ESCROW.

Hello, I have added another milestone in the contract. This milestone is basically half the document done 2 two days before the deadline. 

I have added $5 to this milestone and then the final milestone is $5. There is $5 in the Escrow. Can the client still play games? I am already underpaid and the client said he will add more for the next job 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths